Gas burner Artno 742527
The gas burner is easy to use, has a fast cooking time and keeps the pans soot free. Suits many users and all types of outdoor life. Gas is a clean fuel with high energy density. Running your stove on gas does not demand any priming or pumping and it will not leave any soot or odor.
Which fuel should be used?
Trangia gas burner runs on gas cartridges with Propane/Butane/Isobutane mixture. The valve is international standard: EN417 threaded valves (7/16 NS Lindal Valve).
These cartridges are available in most countries around the world. There are many different brands of cartridges available on the market. Gas canisters are normally available in 3 different sizes 100 g, 230 g and 450 gram. For cold temperatures we recommend Primus Winter Gas, it works effectively down to -22°C.
The Quality of the cartridge and gas may vary. Well known brands of high-quality gas cartridges are: Primus, MSR, Optimus & Jet boil. In Sweden you buy gas at most outdoor shops, petrol stations, grocery stores and hardware stores such as Jula, Biltema, ÖoB, and Claes Ohlson.
Examples of gas cartridges and valve:
Examples of gas containers that CANNOT be used with our burner.
There is also no adapter for these.
The gas burner consumes 150g of gas/hour if turned on at full power. Then a gas cartridge of 230 g burns for about 1.5 hours. (You normally never need to run the burner at full power, but for calculation purposes) 1L of water takes about 4 minutes to bring to the boil , and consumes approx. 14 g of gas (this may vary depending on weather and fuel quality).
How much fuel do you need?
It can be difficult to estimate how much fuel you will need on your trip. With the above information in mind, you should also consider:
• How many people will you cook for?
• How many meals should be prepared?
• What kind of food are you going to cook…freeze-dried or fresh food?
• The weather matters, what are the temperature and wind predictions?
How much gas is there in a gas cartridge ?
|Gasen weight (g)||Container weight (g)||Total weight (g)|
How to use the gas burner?
- The gas burner is used in the stove in the same way as the spirit burner. Place the burner in the lower windshield of your Trangia stove- insert it from above, hose first – it should then come out through the hole on the side of the windshield. Then insert the burner itself into the burner hole. Make sure the textured plate is in the right position so the two “wings” spring slightly. Hold them together and press down to secure the burner.
- Connect the gas cartridge – Make sure the control knob is in the closed position, on minus. Keep the gas cartridge in an upright position and screw it onto the valve. When connected, a little gas may sizzle and seep out, this is completely normal. Continue to screw on the valve with normal hand force
- Ignite the burner – turn the control knob slightly counter-clockwise, towards plus, and light immediately. You adjust the flame by turning the control knob.
- Turn off the burner – turn the control knob clockwise, towards minus. Some delay may occur. Let it cool before handling and packing! For more detailed information, see the user manual (links at the bottom of the page).
The Gas burner can be used in:
• All Trangia stoves 25 Large + 27 Small
• Trangia Triangel (Art.no 400333)
• Open spirit stove (Art.no 100230)
Pros & cons
The gas burner can be ignited with a fire steel
FAQ Trangia Gas burner
Can I use both spirit burner and gas burner in my Trangia stove?
Sure! If you have bought a stove with, for example, an spirit burner, you can buy an extra gas burner and alternate.
How can I customize my old Trangia stove that has no hole for the gas burner?
Cut a larger hole among the small holes on the side of the lower windshield that are four holes wide and four holes high.
It gasps/leaks gas when I connect the gas burner to the gas container, why?
Its normal. There may be differences in how quickly the gas container valve opens when connecting between different gas containers/ different valves. To minimize leakage, keep the gas container in upright position when connecting, and quickly screw the last turns.
My gas burner do not work as it should, what can I do?
The gas burner needs regular cleaning. Read more in the Instructions how to clean it and more useful information on how to take care of the burner.
What can I light the gas burner with?
You can use matches, a lighter or fire steel
How do I recycle an empty gas cartridge?
Empty gas cartridge are handed in at a manned recycling centre. There they are taken care of and the material is recycled. Ask your municipality where these recycling centers are located. The shop that sold the gas usually also accepts the empty containers and ensures that they are recycled in a safe manner. Due to the risk of explosion, they must never be thrown away in metal recycling.
|Boiling time (1 l)||approx. 4 min|
|Valve||EN417 threaded valve|
|Fuel||Propan/ Butan/ Isobutan-gas|
|Effect (w)||2100 w (6700 btu)|